If you own a business in the marine trade then you need the confidence of a broker with specialist marine knowledge. From single commercial and personal vessels, small commercial fleets, boatyards and marinas through to marine repairers and associated trades, we have the experience to ensure that your business is covered.
Find out how Business Line Insurance can help you to manage any potential risks and protect your staff, customers, buildings and equipment within a comprehensive insurance solution.
Types of insurance cover your marine business may require
Insurance programmes for marine businesses would typically include a combination of the following cover:
- Shipping insurance cover – shipping insurance is a service whereby reimburse senders whose parcels are lost, stolen and or damaged in transit.
- Marine cargo insurance – Marine cargo insurance is a class of property insurance that insures property whilst in transit against loss or damage arising from perils associated with the navigation of the sea or air.
- Hull and associated risks insurance – Cover available for both blue and green water ship operators for damage to hull and machinery, including total loss of the vessel.
- Public liability insurance – provides protection if your business activities kill or injure a member of the public or damage their property.
- Employers liability insurance – This is a compulsory type of insurance for employers, regardless of whether the member of staff is permanent, temporary, volunteer, contractor or freelancer. The minimum level of protection is £5m, which will cover the cost of compensation claims if staff get injured or fall ill as a result of carrying out their required duties.
- Business interruption insurance – Provides cover for financial losses if your business can’t operate from its premises as normal as a result of a fire, major theft or a flood.
- Commercial buildings & contents insurance – Provides cover for your business premises in the event of flooding, a fire or theft.
- Credit risk insurance – Provides cover in the event that your clients don’t pay their invoices.
- Business assets and equipment insurance: Provides cover for the assets that your business needs to operate, including furniture and computers.
- Yachts and classic boat insurance – This service will give you legal protection cover, personal accident cover, medical expenses cover, marina benefits and protected no claims bonus.
- Marine trade and leisure – Insurance for boat builders and repairers, hire fleet operators, watersport centres, boatyards, marina operators, chandlers, sailmakers, mooring providers, marine engineers, marine electricians, yacht brokers and other trades.
These are just examples of some of the types of marine insurance policies that we look after at Business Line Insurance.
What insurance do I need for my marine business?
If you are responsible for the running of a marine business of any kind you should consider taking out a tailored insurance programme. The wide variety of risks to both the staff and customers create the need for an insurance solution that provides comprehensive protection.
We know that no two marine businesses are the same, so speak to us today to find out which policies will best meet your needs.
The cost of marine insurance
The combined premiums that you will pay for your marine insurance programme depends on the level of cover that you need and the breadth of risk that your business is exposed to.
It is crucial to ensure that you are properly protected in the event of an incident occurring. With that in mind, at Business Line Insurance we will take the time to understand the specific needs of your business and recommend the amount of cover that is best suited to you.
Importantly, we work tirelessly on your behalf to present your business to potential insurers as accurately as possible so that premiums are completely appropriate to your risk exposure.
Insuring your marine business
Business Line Insurance is well placed to provide you with the professional support to review your current insurance programme and assess where you might be at risk from underinsurance, or even paying for excessive cover.
We understand that marine businesses face unique risks and challenges on a day-to-day basis, and that you need bespoke insurance that works for you and gives you the level of cover that is appropriate to the risks that you face.
Give your business the protection that it deserves today – if you want to find out how much peace of mind costs, contact Glenn Bowles by calling: 020 3058 4309.
How can I get marine insurance?
Business Line Insurance have a team of specialist advisers ready to help you get the right protection in place for your business.
We will take the time to understand the specific needs of your business and are committed to delivering a completely personalised service, ensuring that you have the best possible cover at the best possible price.
To find out how much peace of mind costs, contact Glenn Bowles by calling: 020 3058 4309.